The social landscape is changing year-on-year and 2022 sets to be no different. So, to help you understand which social networks to use, and learn some interesting facts along the way, we’ve compiled 6 of our favourite social channels you can use to market your coaching empire in 2022.
But before you start making that amazing content you need to set up your Facebook business page. This is important, because they're designed specifically for businesses and will allow you to access many more features. These features include:
- Listing your Coaching business details, like contact info and package details.
- Profile and Cover Photos
- Adding call-to-action buttons to let your customers take action on your page
- Adding a username, which will always be your business name. This will allow your customers to easily find your page.
- Posting updates, to let your customers, and potential customers know about your coaching business.
Utilizing Facebook’s business page settings helps your customers find you and also see what your coaching business is and how it can help them. It's also another way for customers to find you on search engines. You can add your website, and a description of your business, including products and services. If you select the local business category when setting up your page your customers can rate your business and leave reviews.
1. 90% of people on Instagram follow a business
2. 2 in 3 people surveyed say that Instagram enables interactions with brands
3. 50% are more interested in a brand when they see ads for it on Instagram
(source: Instagram for business)
It is super simple to change your personal Instagram into a business account, just go to settings, find an account and, then tap “switch to professional account”.
Tik TokShould you be using TikTok? Well that depends on your target audience. With the majority of TIkTok’s users being highly-engaged Gen Z and Millennials use this platform to convert this engaged audience into new customers. Here are some TikTok stats:
- TikTok has nearly 100 million active users in the United States
- TikTok ranks as the second-biggest app in consumer spend
- 84% of TikTok users say its a source for discovering something new
YouTubeYouTube is the dominant video-sharing platform. It is true that TikTok is the newcomer, especially for a younger audience, but you will always need to consider YouTube when promoting video content. In-fact, back in 2021 YouTube launched “Shorts”, which is essentially a clone of TikTok.
Think about using YouTube for attracting new clients and educating existing ones. You may even want to consider using YouTube advertising to target people who are searching for your target keywords.
Take advantage of the advanced search functions to search for your ideal customer, or use the LinkedIn sales navigator to create lists of potential customers to target. In addition to lead generation Linkedin is the perfect place to connect with other coaches and personal trainers. Building these relationships can open the door to potential sources of client referrals you simply cant find on other social networks.
431 million people use Pinterest every month to find ideas that could inspire their next purchase. Here are some other great Pinterest stats:
- 97 of top Pinterest searches are unbranded. This is great, as people on Pinterest are searching for new ideas, and content and would be willing to hear from you.
- 80% of users have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest.
- 50% of users shop on Pinterest
These stats show your potential fitness customers are probably using, and willing to purchase products on the platform.
So there you have it, a short list of our favourite social channels to use in 2022. Stay tuned as we will be going into each of these channels separately to give you an in depth guide to help you utilze each social network for your online coaching business.