As a Personal Trainer, we know your time is short. Throw into the mix that you then need to market your business, setting up any of your social business accounts can be daunting.
As we discussed in our blog post 7 Facts to Grow Your Personal Trainer Business From Facebook Facebook's reach is massive, and there are so many ways to utilize Facebook data when making marketing decisions. However, with this comes the serious problem of wasting your valuable time, and money.
Well, there’s some good news. Setting up and creating your PT business does not have to be the time burden it may have been in the past. With the correct process and tools at your disposal, you can easily get to grips with Facebook and utilize it's power in your PT Empire.
Keep reading and we will walk you through how to set up a Facebook business account in this blog post. When we're done you’ll know exactly how to set up your business on Facebook. Ready? Let’s jump in.
8 Steps to creating a killer Facebook business page
1. Create your pageSo, you've set up your personal trainer software, made a coffee, now what? First, we need to log into your personal Facebook account, or the account you want to be associated with your Personal Trainer Business.
Once you are logged into your account, Click here and in the box titled “Business or brand”, select “Get Started”
2. Add your Business InformationNext up you will need to complete the basic details of your business:
- Page Name: Use your business name
- Category: Choose the category, for example, Fitness Trainer
- Description: This is a chance to tell the world about your PT Business.
Once you are done, select “Create Page”
Don’t worry about images yet, you can add these in the next step.
3. Time to add your Profile Picture and Cover photoDon’t be daunted by this stage, there's a really simple way of adding both your profile picture and cover photo. For inspiration take a look at the PT Distinction Facebook page.
You will see that we've used our logo as our profile picture. This will mean that every time you post, your potential customers will see your logo, and become familiar with your brand. If you don't have a great logo we recommend using Shopify’s free logo tool Hatchful (https://hatchful.shopify.com)
For the cover photo, set yourself up with a free account Canva select “Social Media” and then choose “Facebook Cover”
There are loads of templates to get started with. Remember that the cover photo is your first opportunity to get noticed by your potential customers, so make sure it contains the reason why you are so amazing - Otherwise known as your USP (unique-selling-point).
For PT Distinction, it is to tell Personal Trainers that we are the highest rated Personal Trainer Software across GetApp, Trustpilot, and Capterra.
It's important to bear in mind that the ideal size for a Facebook profile picture is 360 X 360 pixels.
The ideal image size for your Facebook cover photo is 851px by 315px, for the very best results make sure your image is in JPG format (you can choose this when downloading your cover image from Canva)
When you are happy, select “Create Page”
Congratulations - You have created your Facebook business page.
4 Add a button to your profileFacebook offers some great features that help you standout and get those all-important clients.
The first is the ability to add a call-to-action button to your profile, this will allow you to make it easier to clients to either follow you, book an appointment, or simply contact you.
On your business page select “+ Add a Button” You will then be prompted with the following list:
Play around with these, you'll find like we did that the option you choose will evolve with your business. It may start simply with contact us. But you may want to create a newsletter to capture potential customers’ email addresses, or even allow potential customers to book an appointment with you. The options are endless, so give it a try.
5. Create a @usernameUnder your company name on the business page, you will see “Create @username”
Adding a username makes it easier for people to find your Personal Trainer page in the Facebook search function. Pages with usernames can also create custom URLs’ that you can send to your customers, which will allow them to quickly find you.
To do this click on “Create @username” and under “Username” start typing your unique name.
6. Update your business informationNext, add all of your business information in the About Section. This is a more detailed step from the one you completed when setting up your account.
Here you will be able to:
- Add a website URL
- Add Location information
- Add your phone number
- Add your contact preferences (for example, do you prefer people to contact you on WhatsApp.
7. Link your Instagram accountConnecting your Instagram account to your Facebook business profile will allow you to share posts and insights across the two accounts, which will save you valuable time.
Under “page settings” select Instagram
You should be already logged into your Instagram account before you select “Connect Account”. This will make it easier to connect the accounts.
Linking your Instagram account to Facebook will allow you to manage content, messaging, comments, and page insights across both accounts.
8. Understanding the Business Manager toolsLast, but certainly, not least you will want to understand the tools that are available to you with your new business manager account.
- Posts: This is where you can post images, videos. Polls to engage with your customers
- Stories: This is similar to Instagram Stories, Page stories let you share pictures and short videos.
- Inbox: Inbox puts all of your communication in one place so you won't miss connections with potential customers
- Groups: Groups provide a space for you to engage with your community, check our - 5 Tips to Run An Engaging Facebook Group
In this post, we've given you the step-by-step guide you can follow to set up your Personal Trainer Facebook Manager account.
We've only touched the surface of the seemingly unlimited amount of tools that Facebook offers. But following this guide will save you time to allow you to concentrate on your Personal Trainer empire.
And remember, that for the best results make sure that you review and amend your business page regularly.