One of the questions we often get asked is “How can we use Facebook to grow our Personal Training Business”
Facebook is the undisputed king of social media. Understanding the power of Facebook will allow you to grow your PT business at scale. Here's a few Facebook facts that will help you grow you personal training business.
1. It is not just Facebook!Facebook has been around for a long time, since its launch in 2004, where it was primarily aimed at university campus communication, they have bought several other social media channels to continue their growth. Two of the most notable social channels owned by Facebook are Instagram and WhatAapp.
Understanding and utilizing the data available on Facebook will allow you to get insights on three of the most used social media apps. This will give you valuable insight into understanding your target audience.
2. Facebook’s ReachAs the most used social network in the world, it can claim a global number of 2.79 billion users. Looking at predominantly English speaking countries, when broken down by country the numbers are:
- USA: 297.1 million users
- UK: 48.5 million users
- Australia: 16 million users
- Canada: 27.35 million users
- New Zealand: 3.97 million users
With these numbers, no matter where your potential clients are located, there will always be an active audience for your personal trainer marketing.
3. Mobile-first audienceFrom the total users mentioned above, a staggering 98.3% use Facebook on a mobile device. This is important, as when creating content, images, or even Facebook ads it is important to think about how it is going to look on a mobile device.
Use tools like Canva to easily resize your pictures to make sure they look correct on each device.
4. Best days to post on FacebookThe highest engagement days on Facebook are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sprout Social has compiled all Facebook post data and has identified the best times to post on Facebook.
Understanding this will ensure, that when you post you are giving yourself every opportunity to be seen.
5. The power of Facebook GroupsUnderstanding what your audience wants and how they want to consume your content is vital to engage with potential clients. Facebook Groups allow you to attract, grow, and engage with your own audience on Facebook's platform.
Facebook launched Groups in 2010. Now, more than 1.8 billion people 1.8 billion people use Facebook Groups every month .
Think about creating your own Personal Trainer Group, which could include inviting your members to participate in an exclusive PT Forum.
6. What age groups are using Facebook
Understanding this will help you create your target personas and ensure that you are using the correct social channel for your content and audience.
7. Facebook want you to create a Business accountOver 200 million small businesses like yours are using Facebook to increase their online presence. We highly recommend setting yourself up with a Facebook business page. This will allow you to publish and share your business information, including address, contact details, and descriptions of the PT product and packages you offer. Check out our page here for inspiration.
SummaryMarketing your pt business can be tricky. The plethora of social channels available does not help. But as we have seen, currently Facebook is the largest one out there. You can guarantee that both your target audience and any potential competitors are using the platform regularly.
PT Distinction is committed to making your Personal Training business succeed, we want to guide you through the marketing landscape. Over the next couple of months, we will be posting regular marketing blogs that help you on the way to world domination!