The year's final quarter is here, and it's time to supercharge your social media game.
We're excited to bring you the September 2023 social media updates tailor-made for personal trainers.
These updates will help you maximize your social presence as you strategize for the year's end. Keep scrolling to stay in the loop.
Facebook Updates in SeptemberTwo updates from the Facebook product team in September, including business verification and profile management.
Facebook Business VerificationMeta Verified empowers your personal trainer business to shine on the platform and establish client trust. Now, you can make it crystal clear to your clients that they're connecting with the right fitness expert.
With Meta Verified, you can choose between a single-app subscription or a bundled subscription covering Instagram, Facebook, and soon, WhatsApp. Here's what's included in your monthly subscription:
- A verified badge, assuring your clients of your authenticity.
- Proactive impersonation monitoring for enhanced brand protection.
- Access to dedicated support for troubleshooting account issues.
Multiple Profiles on FacebookFacebook has introduced a convenient feature that simplifies your experience on the platform. Now, you can seamlessly switch between your personal profiles, giving you more control over your online presence.
Whether you prefer keeping personal and professional connections separate or maintaining distinct profiles for different aspects of your life, this update has you covered. Here's what you can do:
- Choose Names and @Usernames: You can create up to four additional personal profiles, each with its unique identity.
- Connect with Your Choices: Connect with people or communities of your choice, ensuring that each profile has a tailored Feed with content that matches your interests.
- Effortless Profile Switching: No need to log in and out repeatedly. Switching between profiles is now a breeze.
WhatsApp Updates in SeptemberA busy month for WhatsApp with multiple updates, including group calling, channels, and new business experiences.
New App for Mac Users, Including Group CallingEarlier in the year, WhatsApp launched its app for Windows desktop users. The same app for Mac Users has now followed this.
- Group Calls on Mac: For the first time, you can initiate group calls directly from your Mac. Connect with up to eight people in video calls and up to 32 people in audio calls. Even better, you can join a group call after it has started, review your call history, and receive incoming call notifications even when the app is closed.
- User-Friendly Design: The app has been thoughtfully redesigned to cater to Mac users, offering a familiar interface that allows you to be more productive while using WhatsApp on a larger screen.
- Privacy Assured: Just like WhatsApp on any device, the Mac version ensures end-to-end encryption to keep your personal messages and calls private across all your devices.
WhatsApp Channels UpdateWhatsApp is rolling out an update that brings WhatsApp Channels to over 150 countries. This update introduces a more private way to receive updates that matter to your fitness business.
What are WhatsApp Channels? They're like your personal broadcast service, separate from your regular chats. You can follow organizations, sports teams, artists, and thought leaders on WhatsApp. The best part? Your followers and the channels you follow remain private - no one else can see them.
Here's what's new:
- Enhanced Directory: Finding channels to follow is now easier with automatic filters based on your country. You can also discover new, highly active, and popular channels based on their number of followers.
- Reactions: Express yourself with emojis! React to updates and see a count of total reactions. Don't worry; your reactions won't be visible to your followers.
- Editing: Admins can soon make updates and changes for up to 30 days. After that, updates are automatically deleted from servers.
- Forwarding Made Easy: When you forward an update to your chats or groups, it includes a link back to the channel. This way, people can easily learn more about your updates.
New Expereiences for Business
WhatsApp wants to make it easier for you to manage your personal trainer business on the platform. Here are some of their updated experiences for fitness businesses.
- Introducing Business Flows: With Flows, your fitness business will be able to create menus and customizable forms that support your personal trainer business.
- Payments:When fully launched, this feature will give you another way of monetizing your fitness services, enabling you to take payments directly in the app.
TikTok Updates in SeptemberJust the one major update from TikTok in September. To help users monetize their followers, they have launched the TikTok Shop.
The platform has created the following tools to help your fitness business:
- In-Feed Video and LIVE Shopping:
- Product Showcase:
- Shop Tab
- Affiliate Program
- Secure Checkout