- Owner of Heffner Wellness & Consulting, LLC 2017 to present
- Co-owner of Biofit – Therapy Based Fitness, LLC from 2012 to 2018
- Personal Training Director and Head Trainer for the 5 Gold’s Gyms in Kansas City (2004-2010)
- Involved in the health & fitness industry for over 17 years
- Has personally consulted with hundreds of clients on nutrition, health & wellness goals
- Certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Muscle Activation TechniquesTM (MAT) Specialist
- Certified Online Personal Trainer thrrough Online Trainer Academy
- Emphasizes a comprehensive approach to overall fitness, functional performance and wellness.
- Applies a unique approach to training his clients, encompassing techniques including HIT training, self-myofascial release, neuromuscular facilitation, complexes, circuits, suspension training, and more.
- Former professional drug-free Bodybuilding Champion
- Featured on NBC Action News, and in publications including Muscle & Fitness magazine, Kansas City Fitness magazine, Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness magazine, Exercise for Men magazine, and Tennis & Fitness Talk magazine.
- Hobbies include making and playing music, sports, time with family and friends, church, and of course exercise
Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist
National Academy of Sports Medicine
“I googled Scott and found his website. After speaking with several trainers on the phone that I knew were NOT for me, I liked what I saw and heard. What I have gotten long distance from Scott is far more than I ever expected. He has given me so much more than just a plan and a phone call...support, confidence, encouragement on hard days...stood by me when I had to put my plan for competing on hold, and gave me the perfect interim plan in the meantime...this experience has been life changing and I will continue with Scott as long as he will have me as a client.” - Debbie L.
"I've really liked using the online accountability program. It's easy to use on my computer or phone, with simple steps to enter my days activities. I'm able to enter what I'm eating, the exercise I'm doing, watching videos on how to perform additional programs, and new things added to improve myself. The way it's set up, I can easily glance over my day and week, and see where I can use improvements, along with confirming myself on days that I'm proud of my accomplishments. Scott also reviews what's entered so he can guide you and motivate you through the week. This will be very useful if you're traveling and need that extra push. All and all, if you want an interactive way to give yourself support and hearten your way to a better you, I highly recommend this program!" - Andy E.
"Just when you think it is safe, he sends you something that makes you think about what food choices you are making and a reminder of how important it is to be consistent with your exercise routine. He even adds exercise options and several reminders thoughout the week to remind you to take a second and think about your health. Play with it." - Mike A.
“Seeing the familiar email message come in helps to focus my thinking about what my workout plan is for the day and if I don’t have a plan, I quickly explore the days options!” - Barbara C.